Wednesday, 05 14, 2014
Lynn Sowards Zellen, email@example.com
Bradford Queen, firstname.lastname@example.org
The May 20, 2014, Primary Election is less than one week away, and Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is encouraging voters to educate themselves about the candidates they will see on their ballots.
“Voting is a cherished right, but it is also a responsibility,” said Grimes. “I hope voters will take that responsibility seriously and make informed choices on Election Day.”
Offices that will be on the ballot on May 20 include:
• United States Senator (one seat)
• United States Representative
• State Senator (even districts)
• State Representative
• Judge of the Court of Appeals
• Circuit Judge
• District Judge
• County Officers
• City Legislative Body Member
• Lexington-Fayette Urban County Council Member
• Louisville/Jefferson County Metro Council Member (odd districts)
Sample ballots and information about the candidates are available online.
For additional election information, visit the Secretary of State’s website at www.sos.ky.gov, follow @kysecofstate on Twitter, and like Kentucky Office of the Secretary of State on Facebook.