Contact: Woody Maglinger
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Aug. 11, 2017) – Gov. Matt Bevin today made the following appointments to Kentucky Boards and Commissions:
David Michael Gallagher and Matthew Monteiro have been appointed to the Board of Trustees of the Kentucky Retirement Systems.
- David Michael Gallagher, of Fulton, is head football coach for Fulton County High School and a former Fulton County judge/executive. He will represent the Kentucky Association of Counties and serve for a term expiring July 1, 2021.
- Matthew Monteiro, of Louisville, is vice president of finance and treasurer of Farm Credit Mid-America. He will represent members at-large and serve for a term expiring June 17, 2019.
The Board of Trustees of the Kentucky Retirement Systems is composed of 17 members, 10 of whom are appointed by the governor. The trustees represent and administer the County Employees Retirement System, Kentucky Employees Retirement System and State Police Retirement System.
Janice Powe, Justice Joseph Lambert and Kenneth “Gregory” Haynes have been appointed to the Public Advocacy Commission.
- Janice Powe, of Frankfort, is a volunteer community advocate. She will represent the Kentucky Protection and Advocacy Division of the Department of Public Advocacy and serve for a term expiring July 15, 2021.
- Justice Joseph Lambert, of Lexington, is an attorney and former chief justice of the Kentucky Supreme Court. He will represent the Kentucky Bar Association and serve for a term expiring July 15, 2021.
- Kenneth “Gregory” Haynes, of Pewee Valley, is an attorney. He will represent members at-large and serve for a term expiring July 15, 2021.
The Public Advocacy Commission is comprised of ten members, six of whom are gubernatorial appointees. The Commission is responsible for supervising the Kentucky Public Advocate and providing guidance to the Department of Public Advocacy.
Patrick DeWitt MacDonald has been appointed to the Louisville/Jefferson County Air Board.
- Patrick DeWitt MacDonald, of Louisville, is a business owner. He will serve for a term expiring July 15, 2021.
The Louisville/Jefferson County Air Board is an 11-member body that sets policy, approves the budget and hires the executive director. The Board is comprised of the mayor of Louisville, seven mayoral appointees and three gubernatorial appointees—one of which is a member of the Airport Neighbors Alliance Executive Committee.
Delana Sanders has been appointed to the Kentucky Claims Commission.
- Delana Sanders, of Ft. Mitchell, is an attorney. She will represent crime victims and serve for a term expiring September 30, 2018.
The Kentucky Claims Commission is a three-member panel that oversees tax appeals, crime victim compensation claims and negligence claims against the Commonwealth.