Media Contact: Nicole Burton
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Sept. 21, 2018) – Gov. Matt Bevin has made the following appointments to Kentucky Boards and Commissions:
Sheila D. Hodges, William E. St. Pierre, Rick L. Hamby and David R. Azbill have been appointed as members of the Consumers’ Advisory Council.
- Sheila D. Hodges, of Princeton, is an insurance agent. She will serve for a term expiring Sept. 8, 2019; and
- William E. St. Pierre, of Villa Hills, is a small business owner. He will serve for a term expiring Sept. 8, 2019; and
- Rick L. Hamby, of Hopkinsville, retired as the System Director for Credit Programs at Eastern Kentucky University. He will serve for a term expiring Sept. 8, 2020; and
- David R. Azbill, of London, is a lawyer. He will serve for a term expiring Sept. 8, 2021.
The Consumers’ Advisory Council acts as an advisory to consumers on consumer affairs in Kentucky and prepares and publishes an annual report on the state of consumer affairs within the Commonwealth.
Jessica Dueñas, Brandi Hitzelberger, and Christopher Johnson have been appointed as members of the State Advisory Council for Exceptional Children.
- Jessica Dueñas, of Louisville, is a special education teacher. She will represent middle or secondary special education teachers and serve for a term expiring June 20, 2019; and
- Brandi Hitzelberger, of Louisville, is a caregiver. She will represent members meeting the requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Act and serve for a term expiring June 20, 2020; and
- Christopher Johnson, of Midway, is a special foster care adviser to the Governor. He will represent child welfare agency members responsible for foster care and serve for a term expiring June 30, 2021.
The Kentucky State Advisory Council for Exceptional Children is composed of twenty-one citizen members appointed by the Governor. The Council provides policy guidance with respect to special education and related services for children with disabilities in Kentucky and advises and assists the Department of Education regarding the provision of appropriate services for children aged birth through twenty.
Kristin Ann Turner has been appointed as a member of the State Board of Medical Licensure.
- Kristin Ann Turner, of Alexandria, is an attorney. She will represent citizens at-large and serve for a term expiring Aug. 31, 2022.
The Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure is composed of fifteen members, eleven of whom are appointed by the Governor. The Board is responsible for protecting the public by ensuring that only qualified medical and osteopathic physicians are licensed and initiating appropriate disciplinary action when violations of the Medical Practice Act occur. In addition, the Board regulates the practice of Physician Assistants, Surgical Assistants, Athletic Trainers and Acupuncturists in the Commonwealth.
Chad Scott, Tracey Lynn Franklin, and Michael Kevin Reynolds, Philip Russell Dietz have been appointed as members of the Kentucky Board of Emergency Medical Services.
- Chad Scott, of Louisville, is the executive director of Yellow Ambulance Louisville and Southern Indiana. He will represent private licensed Class 1 ground ambulance service administrators and serve for a term expiring Sept. 19, 2022; and
- Tracey Lynn Franklin, of Nancy, is a paramedic educator. She will represent emergency medical services educators and serve for a term expiring Sept. 19, 2020; and
- Michael Kevin Reynolds, of Jamestown, is the assistant director of the Russell County Ambulance Service. He will represent advanced life support government operated ambulance service administrators and serve for a term expiring Sept. 19, 2022; and
- Philip Russell Dietz, of Ft. Mitchell, is the EMS director for the Independence Fire District. He will represent fire-based licensed Class 1 ground ambulance service administrators and serve for a term expiring Sept. 19, 2022.
The Kentucky Board of Emergency Medical Services is charged with regulating EMS licenses and ensuring all licensed and certified EMS workers in Kentucky practice within the state’s code of conduct for emergency services.