Media Contact: Nicole Burton
FRANKFORT, Ky. (April 22, 2019) – Gov. Matt Bevin has made the following appointments to Kentucky Boards and Commissions:
Louis Kelly has been appointed as a member of the Kentucky State Corrections Commission.
- Louis Kelly, of Union, is a Commonwealth's Attorney. He will represent Commonwealth's Attorneys and serve for a term expiring Feb. 17, 2021.
The Kentucky State Corrections Commission awards all grant money to community corrections programs. Additionally, the Commission develops and implements a statewide strategic plan for community corrections programs.
Kathleen Timmons Setterman has been appointed as a member of the Ashland Community and Technical College Nominating Commission.
- Kathleen Timmons Setterman, of Ashland, is executive director of the Paramount Arts Center. She will serve for a term expiring April 15, 2022.
The Ashland Community and Technical College Nominating Commission is responsible for submitting a list of qualified applicants to the Governor when a vacancy occurs on the college’s Board of Directors.
Darlene Marshall-Ware has been appointed as a member of the Henderson Community College Nominating Commission.
- Darlene Marshall-Ware, of Henderson, is a social worker. She will serve for a term expiring April 15, 2022.
The Henderson Community College Nominating Commission is responsible for submitting a list of qualified applicants to the Governor when a vacancy occurs on the college’s Board of Directors.
Charles Courtney II has been appointed as a member of the Forestry Best Management Practices Board.
- Charles Courtney II, of Greenville, is a self-employed logger. He will represent the Kentucky Wood Industry and serve for a term expiring April 22, 2023.
The Forestry Best Management Practices Board updates Kentucky’s forest practice guidelines for water quality management and the Division of Forestry’s administrative regulations regarding timber harvesting operations.
Michael S. Betson has been appointed as a member of the Kentucky Airport Zoning Commission.
- Michael S. Betson, of Prospect, is a vice president of industrial engineering. He will serve for a term expiring Aug. 8, 2022.
The Kentucky Airport Zoning Commission issues the orders, rules and regulations pertaining to use of land within and around all military and public-use airports, heliports and seaplanes bases in the Commonwealth, and all state-licensed, private-use airports which have a paved runway in excess of 2,900 feet, to promote the public interest and protect and encourage the proper use of the airports and their facilities.
Colleen Rene Bray has been appointed as a member of the Animal Control Advisory Board.
- Colleen Rene Bray, of Burlington, is an animal control director. She will represent the Kentucky Animal Control Association and serve for a term expiring Feb. 26, 2023.
The Animal Control Advisory Board makes recommendations to the Commissioner of the Department of Agriculture relating to animal control issues, evaluating applications for disbursement of animal care and control funds, establishing shelter standards and creating training programs.
Frank Edward Collecchia has been appointed as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Kentucky Teachers’ Retirement System.
- Frank Edward Collecchia, of Louisville, is a part-time faculty member at the University of Louisville. He will serve for a term expiring Mar. 10, 2023.
The Board of Trustees of the Kentucky Teachers' Retirement System is responsible for the general administration, management and proper operation of the retirement system.
Kathryn M. Stocks, George Ward and Keith Jason Williams have been appointed as members of the Tourism Development Finance Authority.
- Kathryn M. Stocks, of Midway, is a vice president of an analytical laboratory. She will serve for a term expiring Jan. 31, 2023; and
- George Ward, of Lexington, is an administrator. He will serve for a term expiring Jan. 31, 2023; and
- Keith Jason Williams, of Bowling Green, is a purchasing agent. He will serve for a term expiring Jan. 31, 2023.
The Tourism Development Finance Authority makes and conditions loans from the Tourism Development Loan Program.
Donald Corey Chesnut has been appointed as a member of the Real Estate Appraisers Board.
- Donald Corey Chesnut, of Barbourville, is a banker. He will represent the lending industry and will serve for a term expiring June 21, 2020.
The Real Estate Appraisers Board regulates and controls the licensing and conduct of real estate appraisers within the Commonwealth.