City of New Haven

Local

Visit Website
address
302 Center Street
P.O. Box 98
New Haven, KY 40051
Get Directions
phone
(502) 549-3177

    About

    The City of New Haven, first called Pottinger’s Landing, was founded in 1820. Harrod’s Company established a station on Pottinger’s Creek in 1781 and one its members, Colonel Samuel Pottinger envisioned the area becoming an important shipping point for products bound for New Orleans via the Rolling Fork River, Salt River, Ohio River and the Mississippi River. A large flat boat landing and warehouses were built near the Rolling Fork River. The City was incorporated in 1839.


    About & Help

    Connect

    Kentucky Unbridled Spirit Logo

    © 2018 Commonwealth of Kentucky. All rights reserved.

    Kentucky.gov

    Back to Top