The Kentucky Motor Vehicle Commission is responsible for:
- Licensing motor vehicle dealers, salespersons, manufacturers, distributors, and their representatives pursuant to KRS Chapter 190.
- Providing consumer protection by investigating complaints against dealerships in regards to purchasing a vehicle and dealer failing to transfer to the customer. Customer trading in a vehicle and dealer failing to take it out of their name. Dealer plate and temporary tag usage. We do not handle matters of restitution.
- Issuing administrative citations to dealers who fail to comply with the laws governing motor vehicle sales.
- The Kentucky Motor Vehicle Commission meets the second Friday of each month at 9:00 a.m. located at 200 Mero Street 1st Floor Frankfort, Kentucky.
- NOTICE: The Commission no longer requires background checks for sales people as a part of the application process.