Wednesday, 10 02, 2013
Day 2 of open enrollment sees continued strong response from Kentuckians seeking health insurance
FRANKFORT, Ky. – Kentuckians searching for affordable, reliable health care have started nearly 11,000 applications for insurance through kynect, Kentucky’s online health benefit exchange, kynect, since it launched at midnight Tuesday.
As of 4 p.m. Wednesday, the site’s nearly 110,000 visitors had viewed more than 1.6 million web pages on kynect.ky.gov.
Today’s operations appeared to be smooth for the majority of users, with no interruptions in service.
Kentuckians in all 120 counties can visit kynect.ky.gov to comparison shop for health insurance products. Kynect is expected to help uninsured residents get coverage through private insurance plans or Medicaid, as well as the Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program (KCHIP).
During the six-month open enrollment period, Kentuckians will be able to compare and select health insurance plans and discover if they qualify for programs like Medicaid by using the kynect website, calling the toll-free contact center, filling out a mail-in application or by visiting a kynector or insurance agent in their community.
Below statistics reflect activity on kynect as of 4 p.m. Eastern Time today:
- 109,806 unique visitors to kynect.ky.gov; viewing 1,615,507 web pages.
- 97,686 people conducted pre-screenings to determine qualifications for subsidies, discounts or programs like Medicaid.
- 10,766 applications for health care coverage have been started; 6,909 are completed.
- 2,989 individuals and/or families are enrolled in new affordable health care coverage.
- 102 small businesses have started applications for health insurance for employees.
- 15,239 calls managed by kynect contact center at 1-855-4kynect (1-855-459-6328).
Four out of five Kentuckians who use kynect are expected to qualify for financial assistance to help cover a portion of their healthcare costs.
Kentuckians who sign up before Dec. 15 will start coverage on January 1. Open enrollment is available through March 31, 2014. Individuals and small business owners can also call the kynect contact center for assistance at 1-855-4kynect (1-855-459-6328).